To keep my promise to you to offer only the freshest homemade babkas and babkalach, I do not keep babkas in stock; I pull on the apron and get kneading when the orders roll in. When ordering, I ask that you give me two days (plus shipping) to fulfill the order.
If you (like most) are ordering for the weekend, my goal is to aim for Thursday afternoon delivery, to allow for that one extra day in case the mail is delayed. Therefore, please keep the following in mind before placing your weekend order:
- Review the shipping map below (also available here – please enter 10952 for my zip code) to see delivery times.
- If you are in the one-day zone, you can place your order by Monday evening at the latest.
- If you are in the two- or three-day shipping zones, please place your order for the weekend by Sunday evening. Orders received after that will incur additional shipping charges to arrive by the weekend.
- If you are in the three-day delivery zone, please consider the express shipping option. While I don’t recommend that the babkas travel for three days, they have a shelf life of six days or more.
- If you are ordering for local pickup, your order should be in by Wednesday morning. Address and pickup times will be provided in confirmation email.
- If you would like to keep the cakes fresh for a later date, I recommend that you freeze the babkas and/or babkalach as soon as they arrive. Care instructions will be included in your package.
Happy Babka Indulging!
You can also visit USPS’ website and input “10952” as the zip code to view a zoomable and draggable map.